Friday, April 28, 2017

Memento



Materials Used:

Resin
Beads
Hot Glue


Artist Statement:

For this memento project, we had to think of a personal time or memory and translate it into a hand-sized sculpture only using three materials. One of my longest lasting memories I have is the memory of waiting everyday for months at the hospital with my terminally ill family member. To keep me entertained during this time, my aunt would bring beads to the hospital for us to play with. After he passed away, my aunt and I still connect to play with beads and remember my uncle. I chose resin as a material because it looks like glass. glass is such a fragile thing and it reminded me of how fragile life is. I created a bed of beads and resin as a perfect representation of that memory. 




No comments:

Post a Comment